You are here:

  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Buildings Calculator

Buildings Calculator

When taking out a high value home insurance policy, it’s vital that you know what the re-building costs of your home are. The market value of your home does not correlate to the re-building costs so you should always have it surveyed wherever possible.

The best course of action is to hire a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors to a do survey of your property. The surveyor will be able to prepare a Rebuilding Cost Assessment for you, which you can then provide your insurer to make sure that your policy covers the full re-building costs.

If for whatever reason you cannot hire a professional surveyor, then you can use the Building Cost Information Service (BCIS) of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Click here to go to the calculator.

compare listed buildings insurance online